ESG: the role of lawyers today and in the future Cleary Gottlieb Steen and Hamilton LLP, New York
• Global ESG trends and hot takes – the Brussels
effect, the backlash, the view from Africa and more
• ESG, politics, noise and business – helping clients to
focus on what is important and to ignore the rest
• Putting your money where your mouth is –
investment management with purpose.
• ESG and law firm sustainability: getting the
proverbial house in order
• Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) – how to
help clients manage the ‘S’ in ESG
• Due diligence and ESG – identifying new
requirements and key risks for clients
• The fashion industry – a practical case study
for understanding ESG, with a focus on the
• Chief Sustainability Officer/Climate Officer/Chief
ESG Officer – what’s the role and what’s the
challenge? How are departments organised?
What are the hallmarks of effective leadership?
• The view from the World Bank
• The view from the GC’s office