The National Conference on Wilderness Medicine Santa Fe, NM - May 29- June 2, 2024 Santa Fe Community Convention Center, Santa Fe
– Identify prevention and treatment of altitude illness based on an understanding of the underlying physiology
– Recognize and properly manage frostbite in the field
– Identify and treat hypothermia in the field
– Identify fracture and dislocation in the wilderness
– Identify the pathophysiology, and treatment of heat-related illness
Primary care physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and other health care providers who might encounter patients in remote settings or who may treat patients that develop medical problems after visiting remote areas. No outside commercial support has been received for this activity.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 29 – SATURDAY, JUNE 2.
A comprehensive course leading to AWEP Certification® that is designed to prepare physicians and other health care providers with an extensive background in key topics and practical skills needed to become a competent expedition, wilderness, or Search and Rescue Medical Provider. (Includes: 15.5 additional AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ all supplies, syllabus, breakfast, certificate and patch) $545
WILDERNESS AND URBAN SURVIVAL SKILLS
Wed, May 29| 8:00 am – 4:00 pm $150